Why managing is damaging, and leadership is empowering.
In response to the age old question: “Are great leaders born or made?”…the answer is an emphatic… “YES” to BOTH!
While there are certain characteristics that all great leaders naturally possess (social engagement, extroversion, and one’s ability to communicate all come to mind) it IS possible to learn HOW to become a leader that others will willingly follow through times of chaos, hardship and danger.
AND….they will follow a transformational leader WILLINGLY. Why? Because they trust you have their best interest at heart. They share their leader’s vision, values, and a strong driving commitment to change the order of things, and make the world a better place for future generations.
Leaders are individuals that truly believe that a rising tide lifts all ships. They understand the value in, and desire to excel at, emotional intelligence and possess a strong moral compass and emotional quotient (EQ).
EQ is a person’s ability to:
Perceive emotions in themselves (emotional awareness)
Regulate their own emotions (emotional management)
Identify the emotions of others (social awareness)
Nurture powerful relationships with others (social management)
People often mistake effective leadership with management. Management as an organizational behavior is DETRIMENTAL to long term success. LEADERSHIP is critically important. Here’s a cheat sheet of the significant differences:
Want to learn how you can become a leader that transforms the lives, careers, and performance of others?
I invite you to attend my FREE webinar: “Become the transformational leader you always aspired to be.”
As a result of attending this engaging, entertaining and informative talk you will learn how to:
* Understand the key difference between leading and managing;
* Identify your personal leadership “style” and how to play to your strengths;
* Become Emotionally Intelligent in all your social and professional relationships for more meaningful connections;
* Realize why trust, empathy and loyalty REALLY matter;
* Discover what makes great leaders…well…GREAT!;
* Apply immediately actionable strategies to become a leader by developing your very own leadership action plan.
* And as my added THANKS, I will send you my presentation: “Build a world-class culture in your organization” when you register.
The webinar is Tuesday, Jan. 24 1:00-1:45 pm EST.
“Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.” – St. Augustine
Here’s to your success in 2017!